Today, I’ve decided that I am going to bike the Natchez Trace. 440 miles. Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN.
I’m itching for an adventure, a hobby, and a challenge and I think I’ve found it. I’ve never been a cyclist, backpacker, hell I’ve never even really camped. But that’s why I want to do this. It would take me about a week to complete and months to train and work up to being able to bike an average of 30-50 miles a day.
Day dreaming about the adventures and amazing people I could meet along the way is making me impatient. But first, the preparation.
- Get my ass to Mississippi. Alive.
- Buy a bike–they ain’t cheap either.
- Buy a helmet and probably any and all ass padding items.
- Buy a portable air pump.
- Start cycling! Little by little, day by day.
- Gather up all of the REI backpacking/cycling clothes.
- Figure out how one feeds oneself out there on the Trace-MREs?
- Buy whatever I need for all of that eating stuff!
- Plot my stops and make my itinerary.
- Figure out a way to get from home to the starting point and from the ending point to home….
- Buy and gather all camping/sleeping under the stars materials.
- Practice biking with all materials on my bike and back.
- Pick the perfect time of year.
Because after all, “life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage” -Anais Nin
Wish me luck! XOXO,