Moving has been a heinous, disgusting disaster.
And I haven’t even moved in yet.
Long story short, here is a bullet pointed list of the fuck ups and ugly run ins that I have encountered.
- roommate went out of town–no one was there to open the apartment
- apartment complex opened the door (after needing 2 phone calls, written permission, and a reminder)
- for Cooper who had the key to my storage box
- the storage box that was sitting on a trailer at the Uhaul down the street
- waiting for the movers who showed up on time
- but the Uhaul people acted like my pod, which was sitting outside, didn’t exist
- so I had to reschedule to movers
- and tell Cooper to leave the apartment key and the storage key under the mat
- of the empty apartment
- where the movers would be coming to the next day, a Monday
- at 8:00 AM, when everyone normal works
- except for my mother, who now-SUPRISE! runs her own small business what the actual fuck?
- mom gets there by 8:00 AM and so do the movers
- who bring with them an empty storage box
- and pack my stuff and drive it back to the Uhaul place
- who then has to combine my two boxes because, fuck you, y’all screwed up and I’m not shipping 2 boxes…
- and once they get everything to fit in one box the get it set up to be shipped
- and it won’t be here for a week…
What is that nonsense?!?! Ok, rant over.